SkinWhite: the Power of Instant White

10:17 AM Unknown 0 Comments



Who loves commercial breaks? The answer is no one. It is the one thing everyone hates whenever watching TV. Doesn't it feel like torture every time you're left with a cliffhanger when you're watching KathNiel, LizQuen, JaDine, or AlDub on TV? You are then forced to watch a montage of advertisements about products you don't even really need. This is the moment everyone uses to check the on fish they're frying, take a bathroom break, or reply to their crush. And after the network have shown all possible advertisements there is to show, everyone is glued back again watching their favorite love team on TV. This makes the task of advertisers harder. They have to provide an advertisement that is catchy and interesting enough to capture the audiences' attention. An advertisement so interesting, that audiences look out for it more than their favorite TV show.



Talk about attention grabbing. These SkinWhite ads have grabbed my attention ever since I saw it on TV. Only two of the many advertisements they produced (apparently there's also an 'Elevator' ad -- which I haven't seen), and it sure is interesting. SkinWhite's campaign is called "The Power of Instant White", and they sure deliver. The point came across easily. It really is instant white! Gone are the close-ups of arms, legs, and face. The 7-day promise are also done for. Those are worn out campaigns. For some odd reason, instant white is much more believable for me than the 7-day promise. I think that the millions companies pay to advertising agencies goes to the story. These are how advertisements should be. Simple and funny.

I have to commend the seamless editing on these advertisements. Also the details of each and every transformation is outstanding. In the 'Transformer' ad, it's amazing how every detail was transformed to perfection. Up until now, I still can't figure out how they did it so seamlessly. In the 'Couch' ad, even the painting/photo at the back changes -- instant white! These ads makes me doubt everything that I know about editing, and motivates me to learn more. Sometimes I just laugh a little every time these ads comes on and my mother looks at me like I'm crazy, but really, I'm just so blown away by this ad. Kudos to SkinWhite! Makes me want to buy their product and really discover the power of instant white. And judging by that last sentence I just wrote, these advertisements is proven effective!


0 comments: